Bradley explained this little trick to me at lunch yesterday. Truth be told, I’m not that much of a beer-from-the-can girl, as I much prefer vino or a cute, little cocktail. However, it is never bad to have a fun, little party trick up your sleeve that you can use to dazzle and amaze friends.
What You Need:
- Can of Beer: Any Size. Any Kind.
- Can Opener (I don’t mean the electric or the turn-y kind. I’m referring to the one you would use to pierce triangle-shaped holes in large cans. For example, my mom used to use one to open the industrial-size cans of Juicy Juice at Brownie troop meetings.)
What You Do:
- Flip over the can of beer so that the flip-top side is down.
- Use the can opener to poke a small hole on the bottom (i.e. wrong side) of the can.
- Suck out all the air through the hole you just poked.
- Flip the can back over so it is right-side-up again.
- Put the can approximately 4 inches from your mouth.
- Flip the top and aim for your mouth. (This is very important.)
- The entire contents of the beer can should shoot right into beer-guzzling gullet.
Why This Works:
You’re creating a vacuum. By sucking out the air, then opening the other side, you are essentially creating a “beer cannon.”
* Names have been changed.